La Fondation grecque pour la politique européenne et étrangère ELIAMEP cherche un gestionnaire de projet pour travailler avec Effie Fokas à un projet de recherche financé par le Conseil Européen de la Recherche ‘Directions in Religious Pluralism in Europe: Examining Grassroots Mobilisations in Europe in the Shadow of European Court of Human Rights Religious Freedom Jurisprudence’. Date limite de candidature 20 janvier 2014.
The 5-year-long project begins 1 January 2014, and a project manager is required from approximately mid-February 2014.
The role as a Project Manager will entail amongst other things:
1. Assistance to Principal Investigator (PI) in preparation of project reports and editing of texts
2. Research assistance to PI (e.g., secondary literature collection)
3. Preparation for project meetings (including drafting meeting programs; venue arrangements; keeping and distributing meeting minutes)
4. Financial and administrative management and follow up of the project at the institutional and European level
5. Management of communication with project members and the project’s Advisory Board
6. Interview transcription
7. Website maintenance (training may be provided)
8. Efficient filing (electronic and print material)
9. Preparation of project pamphlets and of common texts to be used by the research team
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
1. Post-graduate degree at the Masters level (PhD degree may be an asset) in political science, law or sociology of religion.
Study/research experience in the areas of religion, law and human rights will be beneficial. (Exceptional applicants with bachelors or equivalent degree only will also be considered)
2. Project management experience, preferably with EU grants
3. Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Greek
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
1. Proven communication and organisational skills
2. Strong IT skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, website management)
3. Sharp attention to detail
4. A demonstrated capacity for team work
5. Ability to work independently and to take initiative
6. An interest in the project aims and objectives will be beneficial
1. The successful applicant will join a team of young and dynamic social scientists based in Athens and in the three other research locales (cities/towns in Italy, Romania and Turkey), and will engage with a very distinguished Advisory Board spanning Europe, in a project funded by a European funding scheme focused on research excellence and innovation
2. Enriching environment with opportunities for career development
3. Mentoring by PI in research methods and in dissemination of research results
1. Salary will vary based upon applicant’s experience
2. Starting date: mid-February 2014
3. Duration: Initial 6-month contract (or longer, depending on experience and skills), with the possibility of yearly renewal for an extra 4 years
Please submit your application electronically (including cover letter in English, CV, and the names and contact details of two references), with GRASSROOTSMOBILISE Project Manager in subject line, to:
Oral interviews will be conducted in English and Greek in Athens and possibly via telephone or skype in the short listing process.